Technical Community Event – “Earth at Risk” EO Data Image Contest
Presentation Submission Closed
For queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject prefixed “Earth at Risk Contest Query:”
This contest aims to raise awareness of nature and climate crises and to demonstrate the power of Earth Observation (EO) data in helping us better understand the environmental changes on Earth and find solutions to protect our planet. The contest is open to all students, young scientists, and engineers in the field of Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
Send us your most impactful image of an EO data product highlighting a damage caused to the Earth, such as earthquakes, floods, pollution, deforestation, infrastructure damage, climate change, etc., followed by a short story showcasing the image interpretation, the used EO data and the crucial role of remote sensing during such crises. Your submissions will be printed by the InGARSS team and displayed on the hallway at IIIT Bangalore, our venue for InGARSS.
- The format allowed: electronic format (eg.: .jpeg, .png, .tiff, GIF, etc)
- Each entry must be the submitting entrant’s own work, and not feature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties.
- Should a winning entry be the result of a team effort, the team shall appoint one representative among its members to whom the prize will be awarded.
- The entry must be submitted in English. Entries submitted in other languages will be disregarded.
Ready to submit? Please read the submission guidelines carefully before submitting
The selection criteria are:
- Relevance of your entry to the contest topic
- Technical ability
The top 2 images selected by the jury will be awarded attractive prizes in the value of $500 for the first, $250 for the second, and $150 for the People’s choice winner in addition to certificates from IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society.
The winners will be notified during the Young Professional event of the conference. Please make sure that you have the correct contact information in the submission form.
All deadlines are at 11:59 PM AoE on the stated dates
Copyrights & Usage Rights
The copyright of the materials submitted for this competition remains with the respective participants. However, each entrant grants InGARSS the right to use the submitted materials in social media channels and events, crediting the copyright owners. You must have full copyrights to the submitted material. By submitting an entry, you will be presumed to have agreed to accept the Competition rules and conditions.
Young Professional Chairs
- Aman Bagrecha, Galaxeye Space (email@example.com)
- Thiyaku S, Satyukt Analytics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Santhosh M, Blue Sky Analytics (email@example.com)